CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rainbow Bridge 5.7.08


I'm very deeply saddened to pass on the news to you all that Summer has been put to "sleep" today after facing a hard decision on whether to do it today or let her live a bit longer. As I'm the mother/best friend, I have seen that her condition has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.

Summer, a loving golden retriever, will be sorely missed by the Przelski's clan. She was such an outgoing retriever who often looks forward playing softball each evening, our long walks through the sand pit and playing hide-n-seek. There will be no other golden that will replace her as each dog had their own personality.

Summer was diagnosed with everything a dog could have faced! As a puppy, she had all sorts of ear infections...growing up to fight demodeptic mange which lasted two years and most recently, ear cancer.

Most importantly, she was a strong FIGHTER for sure!! God bless Summer for living up to twelve years with so much attention and love from me. Now, you may play, enjoy life at the Rainbow Bridge and your reunion with your mother, Honeydew. Give her a kiss from me.

When it shines, I will think of you looking down at us.

God bless you, Summer.

Much love,
Margaret
Photo: Doggie self-serve wash, the last photo I've taken of Summer ('08)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to Summer. I'm sure Summer is now in the best place, and Summer will be always with you in your heart! :) Sometimes I fear for Mario...he just had a skin infection a month ago, and he's ok now. What a relief! However, Mario has very sensitive ears. Ryan or I simply put down the clothes or accidentally throw away the papers that really got Mario to jump so quickly! Wierdo!?!
Take care.

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I am sorry about having to put Summer down. What a beautiful dog! Right now we have our own terror but she really has such a great temperament.

She will never be replaced but if you choose I am sure there is room for another.